Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lake View Nature Center



Today I took the kids to Lake View Nature Center. It's actually not that far from us and we usually ride our bikes there. Every Wednesday in the summer they have a program called "Wild Wednesday" where they have about 15 minutes of stories/ puppet plays about animals and then they have someone come in with a live animal the kids can see and sometimes pet. Today was a great one! This girl brought in a Wallaby (that Jake is petting) and a Kinkajou (that I'm holding). Most of you know that I'm not an animal person (although they are interesting to learn about) and I certainly don't go around touching animals but today for some reason I really wanted to hold this little guy. He was really soft and I really enjoyed holding him. We can't wait for next week when they are scheduled to have a tarantula!

3 comments:

james and bess said...

looks like a lot of fun!!! -bess :)

Melanie said...

How fun! I wish there was something around here like that. You look so cute holding that little guy! I think you do look really thin, good thin! And I don't think your arm looks as big as your head like you said it did!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.